Hello Class 5 and here we are again – the end of another week! Well done for sticking with the remote learning and for all the work completed yesterday – I am so impressed with how we are all keeping going and continuing to attempt the work that is set. Yesterday we reached a goal of 2500 pieces of work sent to me since we started remote learning! That is absolutely amazing Class 5! Let’s keep going till the end of term! Today’s work is all laid out for you below. This afternoon there will be a chance to finish off and complete any outstanding work but before you read today’s tasks have a look below at all the AMAZING things you have been up to this week. I haven’t included any Maths or English work that you have done because I have been blown away with your theme work and especially with all the activities you completed for Wellbeing Wednesday. For me it was lovely to get such a variety of posts sent to me – well done Class 5.

English: Today marks the end to our journalistic writing and I must say you have done fabulously well with it all – the writing and ideas have been great. In this lesson, we will be revising all the features of a newspaper report, looking at the headline, 5Ws, witness statements, direct and indirect speech, journalistic sentence starters and lastly, tense in the final paragraph. Then, based on a new stimulus following the same theme of Spiderman, you will write their own newspaper report. I would like to to lay it out as a newspaper report the best you can and can not wait to see what you come up with. A newspaper template is below to help you.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-write-a-newspaper-report-6gvked

Guided Reading: Today we will be following on from yesterday’s lesson and we will read the next part of the story and form an impression of the setting. You will also make a prediction of what is going to happen next. Please complete all tasks and upload answers to seesaw.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-analyse-a-setting-6rtp2e

GPS: In this lesson, we will begin by revising some spelling rules. Then you will revise the differences between clauses and phrases. You will then introduce the four types of simple sentence: statement, command, question and exclamation. You will then have an opportunity to apply this learning.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-the-four-types-of-sentence-statement-command-exclamation-and-question-c9jked

Maths: Today we are going to try and reason from facts that we already know. Remember to try and explain your answers the best you can. Please watch the tutorial, complete and mark the sheet before uploading to seesaw.

Worksheet:

RE: In RE this week, I thought we could look at an alternative celebration. Next week (Friday 12th February) is the start of the Chinese New Year. This year will be the year of the Ox can you watch the clip to see how and why the years were named after animals. 

Task – can you draw a picture of an ox or can you find out which animal represents the year you were born and draw that one.  The animals are all very brightly coloured. Take inspiration from the document below!

Finish Off Friday: As I said above, this afternoon I would give you the opportunity to finish off any outstanding work (I know there is a lot of theme to catch up on). If you have finished everything and want to continue with some of the Wellbeing Tasks that were set on Wednesday that is also fine as well. Well done on such a good week of remote learning – I have been so impressed!

Have a good day and a restful weekend – Mr B

Friday 5th February