Wow Class 5! What another fantastic day of remote learning. Some of the work you have uploaded to seesaw has been brilliant and I can’t wait to see more this week. Well done especially on some of the writing, the sentences were fabulous. I also enjoyed looking at the timelines, it looked like real effort had been put in and you used the information available really well.

Please remember even though there is a lot of work on the blog, do not feel under any pressure to complete every piece every day. Prioritise the Maths and English if you feel like you need to, or do the activities that you enjoy doing that day. I know from a personal point of view I would definitely produce better work if I was enjoying the task I was doing.

So let’s see what today has in store for us.

English: After writing the first part to our opening, we are today going to plan the second part of our opening to Oliver Twist. Please watch the video and complete the required tasks. Make sure you plan well and in detail as you will produce better writing tomorrow.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-plan-the-second-part-of-the-opening-cnk3ee

Guided Reading Task 1: Today we are going to complete at a story sequencing activity based on the legend “King Arthur”. What I would like you to do is either download the template from the blog or seesaw and order the statements before uploading to seesaw. It will also be available to write over the top of on seesaw.

Guided Reading Task 2: Find 5 more interesting facts out about King Arthur.

Maths: Today is our final work on decimals and we are going to again look at how we turn fractions to decimals. Please watch the video below and complete the work sheet before uploading the marked answers to seesaw. Answers will be available at around 2pm.

Worksheet:

GPS: Today we are going to look at expanded noun phrases and adding prepositional phrases to these to create good descriptive sentences. Please watch the link and complete all activities before uploading to seesaw.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-expanded-noun-phrases-64r3ec

Music: This lesson will include: a warm-up; learning a body percussion pattern; exploring graphic notation to help us perform on and off beat rhythms, and a challenge at the end!

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-understand-the-difference-between-on-and-off-beats-crr3gd

Art: After the success last week of finding patterns around our house this week I thought it would be a good idea to explore and create repeating patterns of our own and practice our sketching skills.

Anglo Saxon Jewellery | Anglo Saxon Necklace | DK Find Out
Anglo-Saxon brooches - Wikipedia
A workshop on the Anglo-Saxons for year 5 and 6

Task 1: Use the lines below in the downloadable document (blog and seesaw) to create 4 of your own repeating patterns of your own (Make sure you do it between the lines). Use your research from last week to help you and I do not mind what media you use, whether it be paint, pastels or pencil crayons.

Task 2: After completing task 1, I would like you read the PDF below (also available on seesaw) and complete the tasks that are on there. The main task will focus on improving our sketching skills and trying to sketch Anglo Saxon Jewellery. Please take care and follow the advice given. I look forward to seeing your creative sketching.

Have a good day – Mr B

Tuesday 19th January